Thursday, September 23, 2010

Teaching Philosophy

I believe that every child deserves to learn and grow in an environment that is safe, fun, educational, and responsible.  I also believe that each child is a unique individual that needs a simulating atmosphere in with to mature, grow, and learn emotionally, physically, socially, and intellectually. As a future educator it’s my job when I become a teacher to make sure I reach out and help every child reach all the goals I have set for them and all the goals they will set for them self’s. I will do this by providing an environment that is safe, supports risk-taking, and invites a sharing of ideas. I believe it takes a couple different ways to do this. The first is by having the teacher act as a guide, second by allowing the child's natural curiosity to direct their own learning. Then finally last but not least promoting respect for all things and all people. I believe with the help of a few good teachers and parents we will not only help our children out but we will help mold the future of America. These young minds that we are educating are the future leaders and the future voters of this country. We need to make sure they learn the tools to become educated so they can make a difference in the future too.  
When people ask me about the pay I just tell them you don’t become a teacher for the pay. If you want a good paying job become a doctor or a lawyer. I would rather be happy with what I do rather than make a ton of money. The way I see it I get paid to do something I love and something I would do for free. Those who say teacher don’t get paid well are very mistaken see we get paid in more than one way. We get money plus we get to see these students grow up and we get to turn them into adults so that alone is good enough for me. I am going to be molding the minds of hundreds of children and creating the future. Teachers have the power build their students up or they can break them down. They can help the students do amazing things and learn who they are and what they want. Teaching has several benefits and forms of payment people these days are just so concerned about money and that’s another reason why we don’t have enough good teachers. I will work hard make a difference and give each student what they need to do well when I become a teacher. If I can just make a difference in just one students life per year when I become a teacher then that will mean more to me than any amount of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment